Leaves April 2018
This month, we continued to collect knowledge about different aspects of blockchain technology, distributed & decentralized systems, Mesos, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Leadership & Management. The following are 6 of the most interesting things we stumbled across the month of April. (Last month: Leaves March 2018).
Leaves April 2018 – Preview of our Knowledge system.
- Hyperledger is an open source initiative which is a collection of business blockchain frameworks donated to the Linux Foundation by several companies such as IBM and Intel.
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Kafka is an open source distributed commit log which can act as a high – throughput message queue for a variety of applications in integration, ETL, lamda architecture, big data, and IoT applications. It was donated to the Apache Foundation by LinkedIN and is commercially supported by Confluent.
- DC/OS (the datacenter operating system) is an open-source, distributed operating system based on the Apache Mesos distributed systems kernel. It also supports Kubernetes, which we also highlighted this month.
- Kubernetes is the internet’s current favorite distributed application container orchestration engine which all major players (Amazon, have fallen in love with. What is it? It’s basically what allows Google to be Google. It came from Google’s own internal framework for managing global world-class cloud software. Now you can too.
- Metabase vs. Redash vs. Superset
- Some of our favorite open source Data Visualization / Business Intelligence tools. These are competitors to tools like Domo.com or Tableau.
- … Bezos, & Zuckerberg Follow The 10,000-Experiment Rule
- It’s not that people spend 10000 hours on things that makes them masters, it’s that they spend it doing challenges and experiments where their learning is greater than what is learned by just doing the same thing over again.
Photo by Mareks Steins on Unsplash